Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Research..not so much fun


Researching for scholarly articles and papers for my upgraded paper turned out to be harder than I thought.  I found that JSTOR was full of interesting articles, as was Academic Search Complete, however both were not immensely helpful for my subject of Death and Food.  Many of the articles I found discussed the main themes of the books or compared them to other stories by the same author.  Also, many of these articles were over 15 pages long, which made finding sections relevant to me very difficult.  During our class discussion where we shared information we gathered with other students, I was able to look at a book Miriam brought in, and I found that it was actually more helpful than using the internet articles I had found.  I went back to the library and expanded my research to just books and I believe I may have done a better job this time around. 

0 comments: